We are a University Community that trains people with critical thinking,
ethically committed to society, which contributes to science and knowledge to achieve the comprehensive development of our environment.
The University of Azuay was born in 1968 and has its headquarters in the city of Cuenca, capital of the province of Azuay. In its beginnings it was part, first, of the Santiago Catholic University of Guayaquil and, later, of the Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador.
In 1990, after fulfilling all the legal requirements, it was recognized as Universidad del Azuay, through the Law of the Republic.
In the year 2006 became the first Ecuadorian university to achieve accreditation by the National Council for Evaluation and Accreditation, CONEA.
The University of Azuay offers undergraduate training through its thirty-three schools distributed across seven faculties.
Postgraduate training is offered through masters and specializations, the academic offer responds to the needs identified in our region and country framed in the commitment to serve society.
We are a University Community that trains people with critical thinking, ethically committed to society, which contributes to science and knowledge to achieve the integral development of our environment.
To be a research-oriented University; accredited with national and international standards; and, become a national academic reference.
Safety, health and environment policy.
Being faithful to our principles and values at the Universidad del Azuay we commit ourselves to:
- Protect the health and safety of all those who make the "University Community" by promoting and developing adequate working conditions and a sustainable environment.
- Make learning and continuous improvement part of our life as a contribution to create and develop a culture of prevention and self-care. Comply with the legal regulations of S&SO, applicable to our institutional actions.
- Assign the necessary resources to develop a system to prevent occupational health and safety risks.
- Promote the participation and compliance with the guidelines for industrial safety and occupational health in all its employees, contractors, visitors and other personnel related to the execution of its processes.
- Disseminate this Policy to the entire University Community.
It is the active and permanent commitment of all University employees, contractors and interested parties, to comply with this Policy.