|Name:||Competencies in Prevention of Occupational Risks in the Construction sector|
|Dates:||From May 27 to June 6 from 2019|
According to the International Labor Organization, two million people die every year from illnesses or accidents at work. This represents a loss of 4% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) worldwide, due to costs related to absences, treatments for illness and disability and benefits for the dangerous events that generate injuries, illnesses and deaths.
From the foregoing, in the training of professionals linked to management activities and construction of civil works, it is of fundamental importance that they have basic knowledge in the field of health and industrial safety, in addition to the correct handling of the regulations that are legislated in the sector of building.
In the field of professional training of students, it must be borne in mind that the construction and electrical sectors, being considered high risk are required by Ecuadorian regulations (AGREEMENT N. MDT-2017-067 and N. MDT- 2017-0068) to receive information and specific instruction on occupational risk prevention, requiring a certification of labor competencies in prevention of work risks before the Conformity Assessment Agencies (OEC).
· Train participants in action and identification of hazards, assessment and control of occupational risks, action in emergency situations, analysis and prevention of work accidents and occupational diseases, according to procedures and standards established in current Ecuadorian regulations.
· Specific objectives: To prepare the participant for the approval of the previous examination to obtain the certification in occupational risk prevention competitions in the construction sector.
· Training program with a duration of 30 classroom hours, divided into theory and practice of risk prevention in the workplace and theory and practice in pre-hospital care in accidents on site.
· The classes will be developed in a theoretical-practical way, guiding the learning results to obtain the certification of competences in prevention of occupational risks.
· In each of the chapters to be studied, evaluation instruments will be applied, in which the participating students must demonstrate understanding of concepts, methodology and techniques explained.
From Monday to Friday, from 18h00 to 21h00.
June 1 Saturday from 9h00 to 12h00
40 hours, 10 days
Chapter 1: Prevention of occupational risks.
· Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety.
· Basic concepts:
Ø Hazard, consequence, work accident and occupational disease.
Ø Sub standard actions and conditions.
Ø Incident, work accident.
Ø Urgency and emergency.
Chapter 2: Legal basis of Occupational Health and Safety.
· Legal regulations on occupational health and safety.
Ø Policy and regulation of hygiene and safety at work.
Ø Pyramid of Kelsen, the role of the Ministry of Labor and the Ecuadorian Social Security Institute.
Ø Regulation of the Andean Instrument, in SSO.
Ø Health and Safety Regulations for construction and public works.
Ø The General System of Work Risks and its regulations.
Chapter 3: Risk factors.
· Occupational risks and risk factors at work.
Ø Physical risk factor.
Ø Mechanical risk factor.
Ø Chemical risk factor.
Ø Biological risk factor.
Ø Ergonomic risk factor.
Ø Psychosocial risk factor.
Ø 0 Identification and risk matrix.
Chapter 4: Safe work.
· Prevention and control measures.
Ø Planning and organization of work
Ø Safe work analysis.
Ø Execution: technical procedures according to activity.
Ø Security measures before, during and at the end of work.
Chapter 5: Collective and individual protection.
· Collective and individual protection equipment.
Ø Prevention at the source and in the middle.
Ø Applicable legal regulations.
Ø Protection of the head, ears, eyes and respiratory system.
Ø Protection of the body.
Ø Selection and importance of the correct use of personal protective equipment.
Ø Anti-fall equipment.
Chapter 6: Signage in occupational safety.
· Signaling and color in the industry.
Ø Applicable regulation.
Ø Signaling of obligation.
Ø Signaling of information.
Ø Ban signaling.
Ø Warning signaling.
Ø Signaling in fire systems.
Chapter 7: Specific training according to the work area: Risks in construction - Electrical risks.
· Construction sector - electric sector.
· Regulations according to the sector.
· General risk factors in the sector: construction - electrical.
· Special works: confined spaces, work at height and hot works.
· Acts and unsafe conditions in the construction sector - electrical.
· Main occupational accidents and occupational diseases in the construction sector - electrical.
Chapter 8: First aid. - general concepts and practices in emergencies within the work.
Professionals linked to the construction area; students of the last cycles of Civil Engineering and Architecture.
Concepts will be evaluated with the application of tests based on reagents, case resolution and group work, and the presentation of the final exam covering the topics covered in class.
Participants who meet the requirements for approval: 70 or 100 evaluation equal to or above - Minimum 80% attendance, Universidad del Azuay will issue a certificate of approval for 40 hours (30 classroom hours and 10 autonomous work hours) .
Ing. Vanessa Vanegas
Dr. Fabián Jaramillo
General public: $ 60,00
Teachers and students UDA $ 40,00
Code for payment in Treasury: 1128 - $ 60.00
Students and alumni of the UDA:
Code for payment in Treasury: 1129 - $ 40.00
Teachers and administrative staff of the UDA:
Check the box "Discount payment card" when you register online. The automatic discount will be made to the payment roll, in the month of June 2019.
1129 code: $ 40,00
Place of execution:
Classrooms of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Azuay.